WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around for good reason. At Top Left Media we use WordPress because it’s easy for our clients to learn and they love that it features an attractive, user-friendly interface. If all the logistics overwhelm you, don’t worry our Toronto Web Design team deals with all the backend stuff so you don’t have to! We can design and build your in under a business week and you can start with a quote today!
In the following tutorials, we’ll cover the QuickInstall route for a WordPress self-hosted installation. It’s a bit easier than a manual installation, and it only takes a click or two! Use the following links to navigate to your hosting plan type.
How To install WordPress using Quick Install
- Log into your cPanel.
- In the Software section, click on the QuickInstall icon:
- QuickInstall Icon
- On this page you will then click the One-Click Installs option:
- One Click Install
- Next, select the WordPress icon
- Options for One Click Installs
How Quick Install Streamlines Web Design
- Using the drop-down menu chose the domain that WordPress should be installed to as well as any subdirectory you would like the site to load from if desired.
- Example: Should you wish your WordPress URL to be example.com/site instead of just example.com.
- Domain Option for WordPress Install
Web Design Naming is Key
- Complete the form that appears with the following details:
- WordPress Install Form
- For Blog Title, enter the name of the website. [This is what will appear in the header as the name of your site.]
- For Admin Username, enter your preferred username.
- Your first name.
- Your last name.
- For Admin Email, enter an email address where you want the admin password emailed to. Make sure this is a working email address.
- Check the box next to the Terms of Service Agreement.
- Click the orange Install button when you’re ready to proceed.
- A progress bar will inform you of the progress of your installation. When complete, click Details for your admin URL, username, and password:
WordPress Install Finished
- Once the installation is complete, and you have your credentials, you can begin working on your WordPress web design! Check your email for the WordPress username and password as well as a link to your WordPress login page.